Sunday 29 December 2013

New Year Resolutions. Bullshit.

So, as we all know, the New Year, a.k.a, 2014, is coming less than 2/3 days, and it's no surprise that the year passed so quickly, and we're still wondering why, and obviously, if you are on social media, you would have seen basic bitches tweeting shit like 'Can't wait for 2014', '2014 will be a great year' BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Honestly, I have decided to stop making New Year resolutions, firstly being it never works, and to those who disagree, admit it, your New Year's resolutions never happen, and to those that resolute their resolutions, guess what, those weren't even resolutions, those are just simple tasks that you and I can accomplish everyday. Some of the worse include 'My new year's resolution is to hang out with friends'. COME ON, that is not even fit to be a NYR, sounds so fucking stupid and a desperate cry for attention to your friends for them to ask you out.

A new year's resolution is one where you don't really want to do, but if you do, it'll benefit you. I mean a decent one would be simply pick up a skill, or get healthier, deadly but great ones are to never touch fast food, but look at how many who actually did it. I know, none.

Hence, this year, I'm going to stop making, because I make them in the January and disappoint myself in December realising none of them happened. Last year, I told myself, Ok, since I'm moving on from high school, I'll have more free time in Polytechnic, which I have, and my NYR was to continue learning the Piano, and get more experience in life in any aspect, try to get a job, or achieve something. And guess what happened? I didn't get to signing up Piano lessons. I didn't get a job. I didn't join any clubs or CCA, and every time after school, I expected myself to go out with friends and have a good time, but instead, all I want to do after school is nothing but to go home and laze and sleep and pray the the night is longer.

Let me tell you why New Year's Resolution NEVER WORKS. Firstly, when you make a New Year's resolution, you are giving yourself a year full, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8765 hours to get the it done. And thanks to this, things never get done, You tell yourself that there's still time everyday and that 'I will do this, but not today' and as a result by the time you realise oh shit, no time left, it's the last week of December. If anything NYR increases laziness and unproductiveness and not the opposite. So please, if you are belong to the category of naive Chinese girls, stop. You were never productive, never did never will. Stop disappointing yourself.

'2014 will be great'. No it will not, it will be terrible, stressful, and shit as fuck. And how do they console themselves, go on and tweet that 'Oh January has been bad, February, please be good'. be honest, I know you have seen/tweet nonsense like this. No, it will get worse and worse because you expect things to miraculously go your beautiful way. If you want to achieve things, work towards it and not wait for it to come to you, because by the time it comes, it never came. This is a reminder for me too honestly, to myself and the lazy guy that I actually am. To only want things, but never work for it.

But that aside, the easiest NYR that makes sense?

'Stay Pretty/Handsome/Good' Like, it's hard, but you just have to

If you're a virgin, then 'For 2014, get laid'. If you're ugly then don't bother, you're setting up yourself to fail, and get disappointed in December. Or go to Orchard towers to resolute that, got Christmas and New Year promotion if you are lucky, 2 for the price of 1.

 So there you are, truth. You know why its the truth? Because it hurts. With that, I wish you a Happy New Year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment