Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Travelogue : Neon Goes Japan (Hokkaido Day 6)

Didn't blog for a bit! Guess the stress from submissions totally killed my writing vibes. But anyway, enjoy!

We woke up to yet another beautiful in the land of the rising sun, and it was the day we leave our host family's house. Boo Hoo! But we woke up at around, 9+, but this time, we woke up at that time cause THEY SAID WE CAN WAKE UP ANYTIME WE WANT OK. Kinda Super fucking bummed that it's the last day with our host families, cause they were so hospitable and nice to us, taking us to different places and show us the how amazing Bifuka is, and most importantly how tolerable they were towards us despite all the bullshit and nonsense we did. AND ABOVE ALL, the food they served and cooked for us were bomb as fuck. Like GURRRL, BOMB.

Despite it being the last day staying with them, breakfast was nothing short of lustre.

 Rice with soup, and a seaweed and that thing I don't know what it is. I think it's like dried tofu skin? Tau Pok you know? And the soup base tastes like miso soup(?), but I don't remember miso soup being so clear in colour. But miso would be the closest and easiest reference when it comes to taste. Like how it's salty, but comes with that tang? Who cares, but it just tastes really good. It isn't heavy on flavour and the tang helps open up your appetite, PERFECT for breakfast. I don't know about you but whenever I have to eat immediately after waking up, my appetite just isn't there, it's as if my body hasn't stared to function yet.

The second dish, THIS IS SO AMAZING AND NICE, LIKE I GOT A SHOCK. Ok, like so this is basically fried noodles, I'm sure you've tasted it if you live in Singapore, but this dish like like noodles but with rice. BUT THE TASTE, ughh it's just damn nice. I dk if it's suppose to be cold or it got cold because we woke up late, but the fact that it was sort off cold actually in some ironic sense, made it better!

Alongside with these 2 dishes, we had Japanese curry instant noodles. And the great thing is, Japanses curry's not spicy at all! It's just the curry fragrance, but so smooth and nutty, which is great cause I can't take spicy food at all. But furreal gurl, it was really good. UGHHHH so hungreh now.

After the glorious breakfast, upon waking up late, we had to hussle up and get ready to leave ):. So I quickly got changed out of my retchetness, and looking fabulous and fine as hell. Acutally no, just changed into think clothes that's all. It was super sad to leave, especially the part when we had to just take our bags out of the room, cause this is THE LAST TIME in my entire life that I'm going to be there. So surreal that I had this experience, but so awed at how fast time, how quickly 2 days went by. If you gave me a choice, I could stay here forever. Hahah!

Before we left, we gave them our gifts, and the letter that I painstakingly wrote in Japanese. I think they were sort of shocked but happy at the same time, so that's good! At least now we felt less guilty about all the bullshit and nonsense we did over the 2 days! And of course, before we drive off back to the centre, we had to take photos!

The drive to the centre wasn't long at all, about 15 minutes maximum, and when we got there, the first thing we were told is to enter this room, and put our bags down. And the room was divided into male and females. Initially I was like, I thought we were here to eat more food? But turns out, we had to change into the traditional Japanese costumes.

 If I'm not wrong these outfits are called Yukatas. The difference between this and the kimono is that you wear the yukata during summer and the kimono during winter. Don't know all the specifics but, I think I look quite cute in the yukata right?! But one thing though, see the waistband? I almost choked and died, cause they pulled it so tight! But fault's on me too, who stupidly too a deep breath, sucking my fats together while they're tying it. But let's be honest, I've got waist that basic bitches would be jealous of.

So we're finally done getting tucked into our Yukatas, and when we stepped out we all saw each other, and we all were like 'OMG GURRRRRL HOW ARE YOU, I MISSED YOU', and we all were like so happy to finally each other, but actually it was just 2 days apart. AHAHAHAH. But anyway, we settle in to our respective seats with our host families. And then they gave us a gift we never expected. THEY PRINTED OUT ALL THE PHOTOS that they took over the 2 days. OMG I was so touched by the effort, that they made. Initially I thought they were taking it for their own collection, but they actually printed it out! And it wasn't like a few photos, it was VERY SINGLE PHOTO, and the best part? I LOOKED BOMB AS FUCK IN ALL THE PHOTOS. YAAAAAAAS.

The first thing we did when we settled down? A toast to the improving relationship between Singapore and Japan! Haha!

And I really like their Japanese green teas. The best thing is that they come in like 2 litre bottles, and it tastes really good! The tea taste is really strong, not the fake pokka green tea that is full of sugar, it's like ummm Ayataka, but not so bitter and like purer I guess? I dk if it's the placebo effect or what. But yeah.

After that the mayor of Bifuka gave us a little speech, which I sadly didn't understand at all, and all I did was look at him and smile, nodding AS IF I UNDERSTAND AHAHHA FUCK. 

After the speeches, it was time for food! Didn't eat a lot at all cause I wasn't hungry since breakfast was few hours ago, and we didn't even do much prior to the lunch. And I guess some of us came late and the Yukata wearing took quite long, so the food got pretty cold. 

And in the meanwhile, we had a drum performance, and it's super cool cause you can feel the ground like vibrating hahah!

And finally our time to work out muscles! Basically we suppose to pound the rice until it becomes a riceball. Seemingly impossible, but so much fun! 

Hahaha, see how the auntie is like fearing for her life, and everytime the rice is pounded, she has to use her hands to scrape the sides down, and I think she herself is scared that we might accidentally hammer her hand off! And the hammer is really heavy ok! Look who's on the photo? Ambrella! And what's even better?

WE MADE IT, WE'RE NOW INTERNATIONAL. We actually appeared on Japanese newspaper wtf. Technically, Ambrella did, but if you look closely enough, you can spot my face. AHAHAH

THE END PRODUCT. Initially I was like mmmmm, muah chee, finally a taste of home! And I like boldly took 2 big pieces. But I guess it's different there. Cause in Singapore, it's basically the rice cake, mixed with peanut and sugar, but in Japan it's mixed with peanut, sugar and light soy sauce. Sooooo, I mean it's a great experience, but it's not my cup of tea I guess. I think if you like salted caramel you'll like this cause it's both sweet and savoury! Hahah!

And before we knew it, the official Bifuka mascot came in! Super cute right! There was suppose to be 2, but for some reason the other one left so much earlier, super lucky that I managed to grab a shot with it before it went off!

And after all that, it was super abrupt because they just told us thank you for coming, the host families will now leave. We were like is this fucking for real, we haven't even took photos. So we hustled up and ran up taking as many photos as I can.

And before we knew it, we had to part with our host families. And it was kind of sad waving bye to them as they walk away and out of the building. I mean it's probably the last time we'll ever see them. I don't know if anyone cried? But being a strong ass bitch, I didn't. Hahahha, actually just heartless. 

Time to change out of our robes, and into the meeting room, and for the next few hours, we just basically split into teams and did a 'reflection', like what we liked about the trip so far, and what ways we can execute to promote Bifuka more, blah blah. To be honest, I was like half-assed the entire time because I think this kind of activities is really quite pointless. 

 And here we have Yamunah, her face was basically my view point of the activity.

After the long hour, we finally are off, well technically we're going back to the cozy cottage. But before that, a stop at a mart to pick up whatever that we want to pick up. Didn't buy much though, got the famous 'Hokkaido Soft Cream', which a lot of people rave about when coming to Hokkaido. Tried it, honestly don't get the whole craze. Either that or this isn't even the famous Hokkaido Ice Cream. LOL, I think this isn't it though. 


By the time we reached the cottage, I was so so so exhausted, I didn't even bother with taking much photos, cause I was like ughhh fuck this. I just need sleep. Had dinner, and dragged my luggage and ass back into the cottage, and for some reason I took the longest time to pack and get ready, cause we're flying back to Tokyo the next day. And the worst thing, I didn't even any sleep, which made me so cranky the next day. EEERRRMAGAWD. So note to self and everyone else when travelling. SLEEP WHENEVER YOU CAN, cause you never know what adventures you'll be winding up the next day!

 The cottage one last time, we have our own kitchen. AHAHAHA

Anyway, gonna end this post with a selfie. This post is so badly done I dk why, and the photos taken are so not nice, sigh, what is happening to me? But anyway, holidays are finally fucking coming! Cant wait to catch up on life and sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment